The giant machine for the small ball
Create a path for balls using simple but ingenious machines (the inclined plan, lever, pulley, winch, and wedge) to produce an amazing domino effect: young scientists will rise to the challenge by assembling ten platforms of a large wooden machine. Understanding a complex physical phenomenon becomes child’s play!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe the use of simple machines.
- Recognize simple machines (lever, inclined plane, screw, pulley, winch and wheel) used in daily life.
- Identify the necessary elements to assemble the machine.
- Properly install simple machines (lever, inclined plane, screw, pulley, winch and wheel).
- Describe energy transformations from one of its form into another (e.g. potential energy into kinetic energy).
|Type of service
Christmas party, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Daycare centers and CPEs, Organizational events, Pedagogical day, Wedding
50 years and older, Business, Educator, Elementary: cycle 1, Group, Library, Other, Preschool, Wedding Organizer
60 minutes, Package A (Pedagogical day), Package B (Pedagogical day), Package C (Pedagogical day)
- A space of approximately 5 metres is needed to assemble the structure at the end of the class.
- Five teams must be created before the animator arrives.