Egg drop parachute
Save your omelette!
Did you plan on having an omelette this evening? Hmm, sounds delicious! But here’s your mission: find a way to prevent your egg from being crushed by safely dropping an egg with a parachute from a high location. Creativity and collaboration will abound so that your young physicists can save dinner! The fight against gravity, conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy, transfer of energy and damping…So many concepts learned and lots of guaranteed fun! Note: our eggs are plastic.
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe and experiment on the effect of gravity when an egg in plastic is dropped.
- Understand the principle of gravitational potential energy.
- Discover ways to counteract the force of gravity to protect the egg.
Objectives at the secondary level:
- Describe qualitatively the relationship between the potential energy of a body, its mass, gravitational acceleration and its displacement.
- Define gravitation as a mutual force of attraction between two bodies.
|Type of service
Children's parties, Christmas party, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Organizational events, Pedagogical day, Wedding
50 years and older, Business, Educator, Elementary: cycle 2, Elementary: cycle 3, Group, Library, Organizer of the party, Other, Secondary: cycle 1, Wedding Organizer
60 minutes, 90 minutes, Package A (Pedagogical day), Package B (Pedagogical day), Package C (Pedagogical day)
- 6 teams must be created before the science animator arrives.