Solar system (Vancouver)
The Big Bang!
Is Earth the only planet we can live on? To answer this fascinating question, your astronomers, seated around our large model of the sun 2 meters in diameter, will make a great international journey into our solar system, discovering its origin, determining the size of the planets in the solar system and their distance in relation to the Sun. Be dazzled by the knowledge of your little sunshines!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Explain the Big Bang theory on the origin of the universe.
- Recognize in order the different planets of the solar system.
- Describe the characteristics of the major planets (composition, size, temperature and distance).
- Differentiate between terms related to space (planet, satellite, star, galaxy, celestial body, etc.)
- Describe the rotation and revolution of the planets around the Sun.
|Type of service
Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Organizational events
Elementary: grade 2, Elementary: grade 3, Elementary: grade 4, Elementary: grade 5, Elementary: grade 6, Multi-age, Elementary: grades 1 and 2, Elementary: grades 3 and 4, Elementary: grades 5 and 6
Earth and Space
- Free space is needed for the demonstrations.