We’ll take you the Moon…
Have you dreamt about walking on the Moon? We’ll take you there! Your astronauts for a day will take a trip on our favourite satellite thanks to our many exciting experiments! Introducing the different moon phases on the Apollo 11 mission and then continuing with their formation and periods for revolution and rotation, the Moon will no longer have a hidden face for your scientists! We’ll even make our own moon craters!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe the various theories for the formation of the Moon.
- Illustrate the distance between the Earth and Moon.
- Illustrate the lunar phases of the Moon.
- Describe the rotation and revolution of the Earth and Moon.
- Describe how the force of gravity influences the Earth (tides).
- Investigate the impact of meteorites on a celestial body.
|Type of service
Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Organizational events
Elementary: grade 2, Elementary: grade 3, Elementary: grade 4, Elementary: grade 5, Elementary: grade 6, Multi-age, Elementary: grades 1 and 2, Elementary: grades 3 and 4, Elementary: grades 5 and 6
Earth and Space
- Access to an electrical outlet is required.