Mini space shuttle (Vancouver)
5… 4… 3… 2… 1… 0… Liftoff!
Why are astronauts sent into space? We will learn about the major stages in the conquest of Space through role-play activities, jam-packed with fun and laughter. Next, aspiring astronauts take part in an exciting experiment that involves a small part of their day, but becomes a great moment in their scientific lives: launching their first hydrogen fuel rocket produced from decomposition of water molecules! You’ll have stars in your eyes!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Understand how the conquest of space has progressed over the decades
- Understand the structure of an atom and a molecule.
- Experiment on the chemical decomposition of water mixed with citric acid.
- Test the action-reaction principle.
|Type of service
Children's parties, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Organizational events, Pedagogical day
Elementary: grade 2, Elementary: grade 3, Elementary: grade 4, Elementary: grade 5, Elementary: grade 6, Multi-age, Elementary: grades 1 and 2, Elementary: grades 3 and 4, Elementary: grades 5 and 6
Earth and Space
- Access to electrical outlets is required.
- If there isn’t much time between activities, it is strongly recommended to set up the animation workshops in the same area.
- 6 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives.