The compass is losing its bearings!
From the magnetic blackboard to planet Earth, come explore the fascinating world of magnetism. Magnetic or non-magnetic? Attract or repel? Find the answers to these questions through five fun and creative experiments, including the magnetic arm, darts game, magnetic maze, stacking game and amazing constructions!
For 30 more minutes:
We’ve added a sixth booth where youths can use their imagination to dress up characters with iron filings.
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe what magnetism, magnets, electromagnetic field and magnetic poles are.
- Recognize the main effects of magnets (attraction and repulsion).
- Identify different magnetic and non-magnetic materials.
- Recognize the main magnetic metals (cobalt, nickel and iron).
- Use simple science equipment (compass).
|Type of service
Children's parties, Christmas party, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Daycare centers and CPEs, Organizational events, Pedagogical day, Wedding
50 years and older, Business, Educator, Elementary: cycle 1, Group, Library, Organizer of the party, Other, Preschool, Wedding Organizer
60 minutes, 90 minutes, Package A (Pedagogical day), Package B (Pedagogical day), Package C (Pedagogical day)
- If there is little time between animation activities, it is strongly recommended to set them up in the same area.
- 5 teams must be created before the science animator arrives. (60 min.)
- 6 teams must be created before the science animator arrives. (90 min.)