From top to bottom!
Click, click, and click! Your stomach tightens: the roller coaster wagon has just arrived at the top. The brake is released and AHHHHHH! Who will keep their arms in the air? Defy the laws of gravity and use energy transfers to construct your own “roller coasters” and have small balls go around the the course as long as possible. Your aspiring engineers will assemble these simple to highly complex rides!
For 30 more minutes:
Keep the fun going by increasing the complexity of the rides for youths, who will certainly impress you with their vivid imaginations!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe energy transformations from one of its form into another (e.g. potential energy into kinetic energy).
- Describe the characteristics of a motion (e.g. direction and speed).
- Identify situations where frictional force (friction) is relevant.
- Understand the concept of gravity.
- Describe how a force acts on a body (moves it, changes its moves and stops it).
|Type of service
Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Pedagogical day
50 years and older, Educator, Elementary: cycle 1, Elementary: cycle 2, Other
60 minutes, 90 minutes, Package A (Pedagogical day), Package B (Pedagogical day), Package C (Pedagogical day)
- 5 teams must be created before the animator arrives.