Lego® Dacta® bridges and towers
LEGO architects at work!
Can your constructions support a 2-kg weight and resist a 15-second earthquake? Rise to the Lego® Dacta® architecture challenge! After overcoming certain obstacles due to some surprising anecdotes, your young architects will build three bridges and three towers and will no doubt surprise you with their talents!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Consider the constraints on project completion (time, dimensions, teamwork and implementation challenges).
- Describe the characteristics of a motion.
- Describe how one or several forces can act on a structure (move it, change its movement and stop it).
- Understand the importance of the centre of gravity, symmetry and triangular shapes in engineering.
- 6 teams must be created before the science animator arrives.