Return to the past!
Come board our time machine! We’ll probe the earth in three workshops to discover numerous treasures such as dinosaur footprints, fossils of old shells that existed hundreds of millions of years ago, rock deposits such as basalt and precious metals such as gold! Let’s dig into the history of our planet Earth!
On the menu:
1) Dinosaurs (60 min)
2) Fossils (60 min)
3) Rocks and minerals (60 min)
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe the major stages in the evolution of living things.
- Know and classify the three main types of rocks (sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic).
- Classify rocks (presence of strata and crystal size) and minerals (colour, crystalline form, hardness and acid reaction) according to their properties.
- Situate the emergence and extinction of dinosaurs over time.
- Associate different parts of the anatomy of dinosaurs with their function (defense, diet, communication, courtship ritual).
- Describe and compare the formation of fossils and rocks.
- Make an imprint of a fossil to take home.
- A sink must be available close to the areas where the animation activities will take place.
- If there is little time between animation activities, it is strongly recommended to set them up in the same area.
- 5 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives. (Dinosaurs)
- 6 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives. (Fossils and Rocks and minerals)