Does electric current pass through the human body? Why does the light stay on in the bedroom when it’s turned off in the living room? Young electricians will find the answers to these questions by building increasingly complex series and parallel electric circuits. Get your young explorers charged up!
For 30 more minutes:
Give their neurons a workout with more complex electric circuits and a static electricity experiment using the Van de Graaff generator that will make their hair stand on end!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Understand what electricity is.
- Describe the different forms of energy (mechanical, solar, chemical, hydraulic and nuclear).
- Describe energy transformations from one of its form into another (e.g. hydraulic energy into electric energy).
- Use different components of a simple electric circuit (wire, power source, lightbulb and switch).
- Understand the use and function of different electric circuits (series, parallel, closed and open).
- Be able to read plans with symbols.
- Reflect on your mistakes to determine the causes.
- Six teams must be created before the science animator arrives.