Diversity of the animal kingdom
Are sharks mammals or fish? Do all birds fly? Do mammals lay eggs? Want to know more? This workshop will take you on a journey of our planet Earth to meet with many different animals. Learn about animal classification using poker chips, link real fur (fox, wolf) with the corresponding animal, flip through fascinating books in 3D, draw your favourite animal, handle and identify skulls, bones, shells, horns, pieces of wood, even a real piranha! Tons of experiments await you! Your little adventurers will also bring home a drawing of their favourite animals!
For 30 more minutes, take part in a sixth workshop and discover the animal kingdom on an interactive map and become a veterinarian and use torchlight to display the images of different animal skeletons.
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Classify living things according to their kingdom.
- List animals according to their class (mammals, reptiles, birds, fish and amphibians).
- Explain the different diets (carnivorous, herbivorous and omnivorous) using various objects.
- Describe the physical characteristics that demonstrate how an animal has adapted to its habitat.
- Explain animal adaptations that have increased their chances of survival (e.g. mimicry and camouflage).
|Type of service
Christmas party, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Daycare centers and CPEs, Organizational events, Pedagogical day, Wedding
50 years and older, Business, Educator, Elementary: cycle 1, Elementary: cycle 2, Group, Library, Other, Preschool, Wedding Organizer
60 minutes, 90 minutes, Package A (Pedagogical day), Package B (Pedagogical day), Package C (Pedagogical day)
- If there is little time between animation activities, it is strongly recommended to set them up in the same area.
- 5 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives. (60 min.)
- 6 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives. (90 min.)