Watch out for air currents!
What causes wind? We will answer this question on air density after identifying the gases in our atmosphere in a small weather presentation: “Weather alert! Hot and cold air currents coming from Ottawa and Quebec!” Your meteorologists will then participate in the most exciting wind cannon contest, where each class will accumulate points as in a fun fair: cooperation and healthy competition are on the agenda! Hang on to your tuques!
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Describe how weather presenters are able to “predict” the weather.
- Describe the formation of wind (movement of hot or cold air masses).
- Illustrate the principle of atmospheric pressure.
- Describe the impact of wind phenomena on the environment.
|Type of service
Children's parties, Christmas party, Classroom workshop, Community workshop (50 years and older), Organizational events, Pedagogical day, Wedding
Elementary: grade 2, Elementary: grade 3, Elementary: grade 4, Elementary: grade 5, Elementary: grade 6, Multi-age, Elementary: grades 1 and 2, Elementary: grades 3 and 4, Elementary: grades 5 and 6
Earth and Space
British Columbia, Quebec
- Free space is needed to use wind cannons.
- 6 teams must be formed before the science animator arrives.