Robots to build and program!
Did you know that robotics is accessible to everyone, even the young kids? This is what we will learn about in this turnkey activity. The Lego® Education WeDo®2.0 material uses a two-step approach: building the robot using Lego® bricks and creating the program on a computer to animate the robot using its electric motor. Here is a sample of the different robots that your scientists will build during our visits: birds that sing and dance, a Beyblade spinning top or soccer players! You won’t be able to stop them!
On the menu:
– From 3 workshops of 75 minutes in school.
– Unlimited number of 60-minute workshops as an extracurricular activity.
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Be able to read a diagram for building robots using LEGO®
- Distinguish between pieces needed for robot assembly.
- Build and describe a simple sequence of mechanical pieces in motion.
- Understand how to create a programming sequence using WeDo®2.0
- Recognize simple machines (lever, inclined plane, screw, pulley, winch and wheel) used in robots.
- Access to electrical outlets is required.
- Access to a TBI / TNI is required in the room where the workshops will take place.
- Clear space is needed for the demonstrations at the end of the class.
- Six teams must be created before the science animator arrives.
- Profaqua takes care of providing 7 iPad tablets and the Lego® WeDo 2.0 pieces necessary for the activity.
- Profaqua takes care of providing an Apple TV for your TBI/TNI.
- Profaqua takes care of providing the activity mats needed for the activity.