The city of tomorrow!
Have you ever dreamt of creating and managing your own city? In this amazing, turn-key project that’s even better than a video game, we will build a city where several systems will be automated and remotely controlled, such as lighting from streetlamps, houses and traffic lights! Welcome to the future!
On the menu:
1) Electric circuits (90 min)
2) Construction of the city (90 min)
3) Setting up operations of the city (90 min)
Objectives at the elementary level:
- Recognize the influence and impact of electronics on today’s municipalities.
- Describe situations where humans consume energy (heating, lighting, transportation, food and leisure).
- Handle electronic devices to manage electricity consumption.
- Be able to read the diagrams given to operate electronic devices.
- List ways to minimize our ecological footprint in our homes.
Objectives at the secondary level:
- Handle, control and program different automatic and electronic systems in municipalities.
- Understand the importance of intelligent energy management (street lights, traffic lights and dwellings).
- Verification of the accuracy, precision and sensitivity of measuring instruments.
- Estimate the errors associated with the user and the environment during programming.
- If there isn’t much time between animation activities, it is strongly recommended that they are set up in the same area.
- 6 teams must be in place before the science animator arrives.